Located in Decatur county Iowa lies this 510-acre tract. Here is a rare opportunity on a top end whitetail farm in a great neighborhood. The sheer beauty of this farm is like none other. Located just on the north side of a 1100-acre state park that does not allow hunting proves to be one of the main ingredients for this farm’s tract record. The deer harvest that have come out of this area over the years is absolutely amazing. There has been a handful of documented harvest that grossed well over 200’’ from this area. In the previous shed season alone, the owners picked up a 102’’ shed antler off a deer, that to their knowledge has never been harvested. This pristine tract of land has a variety of habitat consisting of mature hardwoods, cedar bedding areas, CRP, and nearly 100 acres of tillable. Strategically placed food plots are spread throughout the property to provide excellent hunting for both early and late season. Plentiful established stand sites and multiple water sources from stocked ponds. It has been under management for over decade and the harvest and trail camera photos will speak for themselves. Located in the East Central half of the property is a luxurious newly built metal cabin with all utilities and full living quarters. If you have been looking for a stellar turn key hunting farm in one of the top counties Iowa has to offer, then please contact LandProz Broker Glen Salow at 515.494.5560 for more information.
• 56 acres of CRP paying $154.26 per acre for annual payment of $8639.00 until 2026
• Approximately 100 acres of hay ground renting for $4500.00 annually
• Total approximate annual farm income of $13,139.00
• Top notch habitat from a large block of mature hardwoods, CRP, cedar bedding areas, ditches, draws, ponds and tillable fields.
• Over 200 acres of rolling mature hard wood timber made up of a variety of oaks, hickory and some walnut that have a favorable amount of timber value
• Deep ditches and numerous south slopes throughout the hardwoods provide annually bedding and cover
• Oak ridge tops create natural travel corridors to hunt for several different wind directions
• Strategically placed established food plots for both early and late season hunting.
• Excellent balanced deer herd and with an abundant turkey population
• Great access from the north, west and south from nearly half a dozen different access points.
• Luxurious newly built metal cabin with living quarters located in the East Central part of the farm that consist of 3 full bedrooms, 2 full baths, living room, full kitchen with a large south and west facing deck.
• A gorgeous 2.5-acre stocked pond is nestled just over the hill from the cabin that has excellent fishing and an exceptional view of the farm
• Farm is truly a rare opportunity at a top notch, turn key hunting farm with luxurious living quarters located in one of the best areas Decatur county has to offer
• Located approximately one hour and 15 minutes from Des Moines or 15 minutes South of Leon
• Annual taxes $4394.00
• Farm will be shown to qualified buyers by appointment only
• For more information or to schedule a private showing please contact LandProz Broker Glen Salow at 515.494.5560.