This 556-acre farm located in Decatur County IA is one of mother natures finest creations when it come to a proven top-notch whitetail hunting farm. It’s no secret that the top key factors to have an elite self-sustaining farm are location and genetics. And this rare opportunity farm has it all. This farms location is no secret to the whitetail world as several bordering neighbors practice deer management to the highest degree. The genetics are absolutely unheard of, with harvests ranging from a 170’’ to 252’’ in the past 10 seasons in and around this farm. There are not many areas that have proven such strong numbers as these in any part of Iowa or the Midwest for that matter. Having road access from north and the south allows for minimal pressure on the deer herd and bullet proof entry and exits to established stand sites and blinds. And to top it off this farm has literally every type of habitat available to grow and harvest mature deer on an annual basis. From large mature timber, oak ridge tops, creek bottoms, deep ditches, draws, cedar bedding areas, native grasses and an abundance of tillable acres for income and an annual food source. Farms of this caliber and documented track records rarely see the open market. If you have been looking for a top end, best of the best hunting farm with good income then look no further. For more information or to schedule a private showing please contact LandProz Broker Glen Salow at 515.494.5560.
• Turn key opportunity at a well-documented and proven farm with great income
• 175 acres currently renting out at $135.00 per acre for an annual income of $23,625.00
• Excellent aerial that has paved road access from the North and gravel to the South
• Top end best of the best genetics with an excellent age structure already in place
• Documented 200’’ deer on the farm as well as several other good up and comers
• Unheard-of ten-year track record with harvest ranging from 170’’ to 252’’ on this farm and bordering property, including a 184’’ deer just harvested this past season on this farm.
• The Neighboring landowner to the south picked up a set of sheds that grossed 242’’ a few years ago
• Top notch neighborhood location with several bordering landowners practicing QDMA to the highest degree
• Every available type of habitat imaginable that Southern IA has to offer from hardwoods, cedars, multiple water sources, thick ditches and a balanced amount of tillable ground.
• Hardwoods is made up of white oaks, hickory and a large number of walnut trees
• Several areas of the mature hardwoods have undergone an extensive TSI project that has created immaculate bedding areas and more browse
• Rolling terrain creates an excessive number of south slopes though out the property
• Large annual creek is used as major travel corridor that also creates several funnels and pinch points
• A plentiful amount of established food plots for a variety of different winds already planted and in place for the 2019 season
• Maintained and established trails that create easy access to and from majority of the farm
• Very well balanced and managed deer herd and a very high turkey population
• A well-constructed steel framed building with utilities and concrete floors that could also be converted into living quarters
• Located approximately one hour South of Des Moines or 15 minutes West of Leon IA
• Farm will be shown to qualified buyers by appointment only
• Please contact LandProz Broker Glen Salow at 515.494.5560 for more information