Located in Decatur County, IA is this incredible 140 +/- acre hunting farm. Sitting right in the middle of one of the most managed and sought after areas in the country.
The area has consistently produced 200” deer with a 230” found on the property and 217” shot just across the road. The owner calls this farm Booneville and it is for good reason as it has consistently produced 170” plus deer, and they have seen many more. There are almost 6,000 acres of managed hunting land that is owned by 2 landowners that is all within a ¼ mile of this farm. One of those landowners borders this farm too.
The Weldon River flows through it as well and with all the management going on around it, new mature bucks consistently show up making it one of those rare farms where you truly can expect a new giant to show up at any time!
This farm is set up for a new owner this season with established food plots, strategically placed stands, and a muddy blind already in place. The property also boasts multiple building locations with phenomenal views and all utilities at the road.
The genetics and management in this area is second to none so if you’re looking for that end game farm this is it.
Showings will be by appointment only. Please contact LandProz agent Tyler Tisue at 563-370-0866 for more information on this property.
• 140 +/- Deeded Acres
• Located in one of the most highly managed & sought after areas in the country where multiple 200 inch deer have been killed over the years
• 2 of the largest single owner hunting farms in Iowa [with almost 6,000 managed acres] are only ¼ mile away & one of these same landowners borders this property
• Property has been seriously managed for big deer for years with a 230” [found dead], 186”, 180”, 174” & 170” shot off the property. Constant mature bucks use this farm [A 217” was also shot just across the road in 2020]
• Landowner has also been managing cull bucks for years while making room for the better genetic bucks on the property
• Weldon River runs on the west side of the property for a consistent water source [New bucks are constantly running up & down this river]
• Established food plots in key locations on the property
• Muddy tower blind in perfect position over standing corn for late season gun hunting
• Tall switchgrass that is almost 8ft tall is established as cover for easy in & out of stands & blinds
• 2 ponds
• 37.91 +/- acres of CRP paying $3,080 annually [Expires in 2032]
• Turn key property with treestands in place & ready for new owner this hunting season
• Perfect mix of habitat you would expect out of a southern Iowa farm with hardwoods, cedars, native grasses, funnels, & creeks
• Options for building sites
• Electric & water at the road
• 1 mile west of Garden Grove, IA
• 60 minutes from Des Moines, IA
• Property will be shown by appointment only