Located in Decatur County, just off I-35, lies these 361 +/- acres with a fully custom finished lodge!
For over 15 years this property and the surrounding area has been under extensive management for trophy whitetails. The property’s exceptional track record is well-documented with over a dozen harvests ranging from 160'' to 196'' in the past decade, including several harvests over 200'' within a 2-mile radius.
It is made up of a large block of hardwoods, several cedar thickets, established native grasses, lots of water including 2 fully stocked ponds and 80 +/- tillable acres. Most of the timbered South slopes have undergone a successful TSI [timber stand improvement] project. There are over a dozen strategically placed food plots throughout the property including clover, brassicas, beans and corn. The pictures will speak for themselves as this is some of the best whitetail habitat you could ever ask for!
Nestled on the West side of the property in a secluded setting is a 40' x 70' lodge built in 2010. With over 2,500 finished square feet of living quarters, it features custom finishes, high-end appliances, heated floors and geothermal. Complete with 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths. Also featuring a 27' x 40' climate-controlled shop with concrete floors and power overhead doors.
These 361 acres rank way up there for one of the most manicured tracts of land with a fully finished lodge to hit the Iowa market in quite some time! If you have been looking for a perfect turnkey set-up, in one of the most sought-after counties in the state, then look no further.
Please contact LandProz Broker Glen Salow at 515-494-5560 for more information regarding this property.
• 361 +/- Deeded acres
• Exceptional harvest & trail camera history
• No expense was spared in creating some of the best habitat from TSI projects, multiple apple orchards, water holes & much more
• Numerous stand sites & box blinds
• Maintained access roads throughout the interior of the property
• Annual water sources from creek & 2 fully stocked ponds
• 80 +/- Tillable acres
• 55 +/- Acres being cash rented
• 40’ x 70’ Bloom building built in 2010 [just over 2,500 sq ft]
• 3 Bedroom & 2 full bathrooms
• Living quarters also include fitness room, kitchen & a large living room
• Additional 27’ x 40’ storage area with heated floors, water, floor drains & power overhead doors
• Public road access from the East & West
• Real Estate taxes $4,662
• 1 Hour South of Des Moines
• 15 Minutes West of Leon
• Property will be shown to pre-qualified buyers by appointment only