Located in Madison and Clarke Counties, lies these 466 +/- acres. Properties of this caliber, in this close of proximity to the metro, are becoming a rare opportunity in today’s climate of real estate!
This farm is a balance of scattered hardwoods and productive tillable ground. It has been owned by one family for several decades and has provided years of exceptional recreational activities, including hunting and fishing.
Currently there are more than 250 +/- acres of income-producing ground from pasture grazing and tillable. The property has a vast amount of habitat from mature hardwood timber, cedar thickets, ditches, draws and an array of water sources. Located in a highly sought-after area that consistently produces B&C caliber deer.
A fully finished 1,100 sq.ft. dwelling, with all utilities, overlooks the property, and provides everything you need for a weekend getaway or an extended stay.
320 +/- acres lie in Madison County and 154 +/- acres lie in Clarke County. This is an excellent opportunity to own a phenomenal, one-of-a-kind farm.
Please contact LandProz Broker Glen Salow at 515-494-5560 for more information regarding this property.
• 466 +/- Deeded acres
• 149 +/- Tillable acres
• 105 +/- Pasture acres
• CSR2 of 49
• Top end hunting farm with an abundance of deer and turkeys
• Area has produced several whitetail harvests over 200’’ in recent years
• Hardwood timber contains lots of oaks, walnut, hickory
• Good thermal cover from several cedar thickets and lots of south slope
• Established native grasses throughout
• Several pinch points and funnels
• Water sources include the South River and several ponds
• An outdoor barn with a detached metal building with 1,100 finished square feet [consisting of 2 bedroom, 1 full bath and full kitchen with all stainless appliances]
• Road access from 3 directions; including the West, South and East off non-hard surfaced roads
• 451 +/- acres of the property is encumbered by a Conservation Easement [22 m/l acres in WRP] limiting subdividing, timber harvest and new construction [contact the agent for more info]
• Located 3 miles South of Truro
• About 30 minutes South of West Des Moines
• Buyers must be pre-qualified
• Farm will be shown by appointment only
• Annual taxes $6,970