This is an excellent combination farm with excellent deer and turkey hunting, located only 30 mins from Greater Des Moines, IA. The property features beautiful rolling timber terrain with hay/alfalfa fields scattered throughout; creating great edge habitat for hunting setups. The area is known for trophy whitetail deer, as is evident with the trail cam history.
The farm is located less than 30 miles from Des Moines, just North of St Charles, IA. It is very secluded on a dead end road. The hardwood timber is a mix of Oak, Hickory, and Walnut. Established food plots with blinds already in place for ideal hunting setups.
Farms like this rarely come up for sale this close to Des Moines. Dry season creeks wind through the property and offer a nice creek bottom habitat for deer and turkey. The alfalfa attracts all wildlife, especially whitetails! As an added bonus the taxes are only $211 per year with majority of timber being in Forest Reserve.
Please contact LandProz Associate Broker Derek Grimsrud at 515-468-0663 for more information about this property.
• 110 +/- Deeded acres
• 27 +/- Tillable acres
• Tillable currently planted to hay/alfalfa
• Great mix of rolling timber & creek bottoms
• Secluded fields offer great hunting setups
• Hunting blinds & food plots established
• Majority of timber is in Forest Reserve
• Trail cam pics offer proof of deer & turkey
• Very secluded on a dead-end road
• South of Des Moines, IA
• Real Estate taxes $422