Amazing opportunity to own a long-time, successful, apple and berry farm just outside of Faribault MN! Straight River Farm was founded 19 years ago by Bill and Maggie Hein. This staple in the area has provided packaged and pick your own apples, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
This operating farm has many acres of the most desirable apple varieties like Honeycrisp, Sweet Tango, and Zestar. The strawberry plantings are very desirable and are newer plantings that will bear fruit well into the future. Blueberries and raspberries add to the collection of pick-your-own, and retail.
Customers have been coming to the Straight River Farm for the past 19 years. The farm is perfectly located just outside of Faribault city limits, on the Southeast side of the city and frequently visited by patrons from near and far. The farm plantings are laid out for excellent growth and exposure. The well drained lighter soils are most desirable for apple and berry production, coupled with irrigation, make this a perfect farm for this type of agricultural production
Newer fencing is in place to protect the orchard. There is underground irrigation as well, mostly from the Straight River that winds through the beautiful south end of the property. The river is an abundant resource of water year round for the farm. There is also a large well that supplies additional water to select areas of the farm.
The farm sells most of its produce to the retail market, enhancing its profitability. A large customer list and farmers market opportunities come with the purchase. There are also many acres of meadow, pasture and wooded land that go with the property that could be used for animals, recreation and even agro-tourism if one desires.
The Heins’ have decided to retire and pass the tradition onto the next buyer and will help transition the business to the new owners of this great investment. If you and/or your family are looking for that perfect summertime business adventure, and great long term investment, this is it!
Please inquire about more property and business details today!
Please contact LandProz Broker Brian Haugen at 507-208-0791 or LandProz agent Kelly Bolin at 651-380-2857 for more information on this property.
• 45.93 +/- Deeded acres
• 28.1 +/- Tillable Acres
• 19 Year history
• Apple & Berry farm
• Profitable retail business
• RIM 2.8 +/- Acres plus easement
• Newer strawberry plantings
• Highly desirable apple varieties
• Honeycrisp, Sweet Tango, Zestar & More!!
• Additional land for more planting is available
• Pasture & meadow for animals
• Straight River frontage on South side
• Irrigation from the river & well
• Well House building with power & underground irrigation included
• Existing home & outbuildings next door are not included in the sale
• Some forest land with a nice mix of trees
• Great hunting on the property
• Great visibility and road frontage on 220th
• Customer list, website & social media
• Excellent location SE of Faribault, MN
• Real Estate taxes $2,130 [homestead]