Located in Decatur County lies this 390 +/- acre farm with great income. Whether you’re in the market for pasture ground, row crop or recreational, this farm offers it all!
The property is currently a turn-key cattle operation with over a dozen water sources, several feed bunks and 1 large feed lot. There are 7 different pastures of which most have undergone new fencing. Nearly 300 +/- acres of hay ground could very easily be converted to tillable acres. The remaining acres are wooded draws with a mixture of trees including young walnut and oaks.
With certified years of farming, it could be enrolled into CRP and the recreational benefits would be tremendous. With public road access from 2 directions the property sets up perfectly for several building sites. Bordering the farm to the South is Nine Eagles State Park which is an 1100-acre wildlife refuge that offers a large list of activities including camping and fishing on the parks 64-acre lake. If you’re in the market for a diverse farm with lots of options and income, then you will want to check this one out.
Please contact LandProz Broker Glen Salow at 515-494-5560 or Broker/Auctioneer Greg Jensen at 507-383-1067 for more information.
• 390 +/- Deeded acres
• 300 +/- acres of hay ground that could be converted to tillable acres
• Estimated annual farm income of $65,000
• 7 established & maintained pastures
• Most of the farm has undergone all new fencing
• Several water sources from 9 ponds & 3 drinkers
• Large & fully operational feed lot
• Mixture of hardwoods including walnut & oaks
• Lots of wildlife including deer & turkeys
• One of the top areas in the state for producing B&C caliber deer
• Variety of options for building sites with stunning views overlooking the property
• All utilities readily available on site
• Access from the South & East off of public road
• Bordered by Nine Eagles State Park
• Real Estate taxes $4,468
• 15 minutes East of Lamoni
• 90 minutes South of Des Moines
• Farm will be shown by appointment only