This property is the definition of a turn-key Iowa hunting farm. It has it all southern Iowa has to offer as far as habitat; and it has a beautiful and functional furnished lodge that could serve as a permanent home or a hunting getaway!
This farm is in an excellent area with high numbers of deer and turkey. The area is known for trophy whitetails and top notch whitetail genetics. Proof is in the pudding as this property produced a 212" giant whitetail in 2021 [see pictures & video]. The farm consists of large stands of mature timber, thick brushy draws, 32+/- acres of tillable/hay/food plots, cedar patches and grass.
From the South, heavily timbered ridges overlook a winding creek and the tillable bottoms. From the North, the lodge is on a ridge and overlooks the creek bottom and timber. To the East of the lodge lies a ridgetop tillable field currently planted to beans. One of the things that makes this farm turn-key is that the food plots along the creek are all left standing for the wildlife. In addition, there are 6 deluxe blinds strategically placed for excellent hunting setups. These standing plots will hold deer and draw in deer from all surrounding areas late season. The blinds are high quality name brand blinds with comfortable chairs, power for phone charging, heat, and easy to open windows. The timber consists of many hardwoods but there are a SIGNIFICANT amount of black walnuts throughout. This ads significant value to the investment.
The lodge was built in 2021 and has many high quality features. It features 2 bedrooms and 1½ baths. It is a custom metal building with a nice living space, a garage portion, and a large lean to/covered porch area. The lodge is fully furnished and has many custom upgrades such as metal siding inside and siding color upgrade.
Properties that are absolutely turn-key like this one rarely come up for sale, especially this close to Des Moines! Showing by appointment only. Property is located 17 miles south of Indianola, 37 miles south of Des Moines International Airport, 10 miles North of Lucas and only 2 miles off Blacktop highway 65.
Please contact LandProz Associate Broker Derek Grimsrud at 515-468-0663 for more information regarding this property, or to set up a private showing!
• 190 +/- Deeded Acres
• 19 +/- Tillable Acres
• 13 +/- Hay Acres
• 9 +/- Food Plot Acres [standing beans & corn left for wildlife]
• Significant Walnut timber value
• Beautiful view from the lodge overlooking the farm
• Established trail system throughout w/ crossings
• Covered lean-to on building, great for storing equipment
• 3 Gamechanger Redneck blinds
• 1 Office Blind & 2 Muddy Penthouse blinds
• All deluxe blinds are elevated & have stairs
• 2 Bedroom / 1½ Bathroom
• 1,312 total sq. ft. living space
• Garage is heated & cooled [1,152 sq. ft.]
• Upgraded roll-up electric garage doors
• Home & garage heated with mini splits
• Entire building is spray foamed & tight
• Home is fully furnished [see pictures]
• Rural water & private septic
• Hickory cabinets
• Walk-in shower
• Building is 64' x 48'
• Shop is 32' x 32'
• Lean-to is 16' x 32'
• Room to add loft/bedrooms
• Lodge built in 2021
• Large concrete slab in front of garage
• Turn key for hunting & lodging
• Only 37 miles from Des Moines International Airport
• Close to blacktop, Highway 65
• Real Estate taxes $1,728